Monday, January 21, 2013

Beach House Hallway (the first)


I am sure you are interested to also see the first part of the hallway makeover. The hallway itself is very narrow and has no natural light. It also had brown panelling which was depressing and didn't say beach house at all.




 Yes lots and lots of brown paneling. I spent a good time sanding it with my electric sander (I love it), then primed the corners and little in between areas before rolling the whole thing. needless to stay it took forever but the end results are so worth it.


I painted every single surface in the hallway except the ceiling (which will get done since it is now driving me crazy). It is a slight off white color now that everything else is really white again. The last time the ceilings were painted must have been 20 years ago. You get the idea....but I am dreaming about recess lighting first and then I will paint.


Yes I sanded all the doors and trim but it was worth it in the end. I love that we invested in new door handles.

For ease of reference a before and after

BEFORE:



AFTER:


Thanks for reading.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment